Wednesday 19 May 2010

Sante Soft Cream Foundation Reviews

Review of Sante Soft Cream Foundation
By Sandra S.

Packaging Packed in a matt plastic bottle with an airless pump, which is definitely a plus to keep the organic foundation fresh. You can easily see how much content is still left inside the Sante Soft Cream Foundation bottle as well. The packaging is actually very nice in a no-gimmick style. The net weight is only 30g and it is light that even frequent travellers will have no problem carrying it.

Application The texture of Sante Soft Cream Foundation is very creamy but also a soufflĂ© like and surprisingly easy to glide on my face. If you want light coverage, just a pea size will do. For a full coverage, I would say two peas size is definitely enough. Firstly, I dotted the foundation on my cheeks, nose, forehead and my chin and then used foundation brush to blend them. You can use your fingers instead, but personally, I like using brush because I tend to apply too much foundation on my face when I use fingers. The cream is very light but moisturising that it blended out so quickly and thoroughly. I think it’ll last two months if you wear makeup every day. For people who wear makeup occasionally or once a week like me, it will definitely last at least few months.

Scent I couldn’t work out what scent the Sante Soft Cream Foundation has. It smells a bit like vanilla or soya milk sometimes but overall it doesn’t seem to have a significant smell. However, it is not overpowering and I don’t have a problem with it.

Ingredients Key ingredients include soya bean oil and jojoba oil. Although its packaging reads that Sante Cream Foundation is free from petro-chemicals, artificial fragrances, colours and preservatives, it has so many chemical names that I don’t feel very comfortable with and had to check every single ingredients and it is very time consuming. One comforting thing is that the talc used in Sante products are free of asbestos and not nano-refined which I don’t want any of those in my blood stream.

Result I never liked wearing foundation because it had always smudged leaving my face looking unnatural. The worst thing was my wrinkles and smiling lines were always magnified after using foundation no matter how I moisturised my dry skin beforehand. That is why I never finish using a whole bottle of foundation, not even half. Like some women, I only bought them just in case I have any special occasions or meetings to attend. I hate the fact that I wasted so much money over the years on all kinds of foundations.

However, I was blown away by this Sante Soft Cream Foundation once I applied it on my skin. I was never happier and excited about finding a wonderful cosmetic products! I love and bought a lot of makeup products but I never really use them a lot for fear that the chemicals in all the cosmetic products will harm my skin. But I will definitely finish this bottle because it has way less chemicals than the majority in the market and this Sante foundation amazes me in so many ways. The foundation is traceless once you blend them, it doesn’t magnify my wrinkles and the smiling lines at all! My skin was still so hydrated after wearing it for the whole day. It hasn’t made my skin sensitive or oily. It actually feels like a tinted moisturiser but gives you a fuller coverage than it.

Pros: Texture is excellent, creamy but not sticky.
Skin stays moisturised and flawless all day.
Makes your skin look healthier without looking unnatural at all.
Achieved nude makeup style.

Cons: No information on the percentage of organic ingredients in it
Shelf life after packaging has been opened not clear


Sante Soft Cream Foundation (£17.50) and other Sante products are available at naturisimo.com