Wednesday 25 November 2009

Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion Reviews

Review of Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion
By Anisa B.

The packaging for this Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion comes in a aluminium tube containing 75ml and retails for £6.95. I like using products in a tube form as I feel this is hygienic and easily dispensable.


The texture of this Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion is a milky cream-like texture; it feels just like a rich moisturiser whilst applying. It is easily blendable on the skin and you don’t need to use a large amount, a pea size is enough for the face. It can be applied with the fingers and then washed off or taken off with a cloth. I found either method worked well but with the cloth, you can get stubborn residue off more easily. I also found that because it feels like a moisturiser, you can also leave it on for a couple of minutes as a mask and this really softens the skin up nicely. This Weleda Almond Cleanser had no strong fragrance in it and is ideal for those who have skin that gets easily irritated. I have eczema flare ups often and found this did not aggravate my skin in anyway.

Weleda says that this Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion is “dermatologically tested, free of synthetic fragrances, colours, preservatives and raw materials derives from mineral oils, not tested on animals, fragrance free”. Its complete ingredient list is as follows:

Ingredients of this Weleda cleansing lotion are Water (Aqua), Sweet Almond (Prunus dulcis) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Alcohol, Plum (Prunus Domestica) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid.

The plum oil and sweet almond oil prevent the skin from drying out and the plum oil provides a very subtle (natural) aroma to the product.

I enjoyed using this Weleda Cleanser as it didn’t dry my skin out nor did it irritate my eczema flare ups which can be the case with some cleansers. I also found that it took off all my eye make up and face make up which is wonderful as it shows how effective it is on delicate areas like the eye. I like that I can use it is also effective as a mask too. For me, it does everything I want a cleanser to do, what’s more is it’s cost effective too!

The pros of this Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion are: It’s suitable for sensitive & dry skin
- It feels soothing on the skin
- It removes the mostly all of face and eye make-up
- Does not make the eyes tear up
- Does not have strong fragrance
- Does not leave skin feeling dry or tight
- Not expensive
- Cruelty free and natural ingredients

The cons are: Oily skins may find it a bit greasy

Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion (£6.95) and other Weleda products are available at naturisimo.com