Wednesday 8 June 2011

Living Nature Foundation Reviews

Review of Living Nature Foundation

By Beverly S.

Packaging: Living Nature’s Foundation comes in a glass bottle with twist lock dispenser pump presented in a black box

Ingredients: Skin enriching plant oils including Jojoba, Avocado boosted with Manuka and Tea Tree oils which are known for their moisturizing and anti bacterial attributes. Living Nature are known for the quality and use of Manuka native of New Zealand. Superb blend in any cosmetic product!

Application: Finger tips are advised for the lightest coverage and this is the method which suited me best.If more coverage is needed then a foundation brush or sponge is recommended.Shake the bottle very well before dispensing!

Comments: I tested the Pure Buff shade and was quite shocked at the depth of colour as it really was a lot darker than any other foundation I have purchased for very fair skin. I was cautious to use the smallest amount which proved to be the best method of applying this as I had to work quickly before the cream dried. It didn't make my skin look dry or caked, sometimes mineral foundations can look very dry. After the foundation had settled it was a little darker so care is needed not to apply too much. Less is definitely more with Living Nature's foundation!

Apart from the fact I would prefer a lighter colour as this changed my colour possibly more than I am comfortable with as I don't tan at all. I diluted the colour a little blending it with my moisturiser and even mixed a tiny dot with a foundation which is more my skin tone. Despite this I was amazed at the staying power and the fact my skin didn't feel it had makeup on. Top marks for comfort factor & a beautiful (non shiny) finish to my skin. The fact my muslin cleansing cloth had to take this off at night proved tough even though I used a very small amount it lasted!

Personally I would highly rate this Living Nature foundation if only there was a lighter shade. I would purchase this as it is skin friendly and didn't look in any way dry, or make me look worse!

Pros

Only ingredients created by nature a used - nourishing

Free from synthetics

No animal testing

The best natural foundation for staying power/beautiful finish (not too matt but not glitzy)

Customer care top class

Cons

Shades are difficult to determine, it would be easier if sample sizes were available (although the company themselves would refund or exchange products if bought directly from their site)

Pure Buff has a slightly yellow base suited to fair skins although I felt it was more orange than yellow.

No top to cover the dispenser (only needed if traveling as the foundation doesn't need touched up during the day) if only using at home this wouldn't be as much of a problem providing it was kept covered in box.

I really loved the effect of this foundation but may find the tinted moisturiser better (lighter tone) used with their luminous powder. Excellent for medium coverage or evening wear.

I feel by testing this my skin improved and I feel more confident using a mineral powder.

Living Nature as a cosmetic brand have products which perform even better than main stream cosmetics if only they would introduce a light shade I would be more than happy to use this every day. A shade lighter my face would be brighter!

Living Nature Foundation (£16) and Living Nature Products are available at naturisimo.com