Tuesday 1 March 2011

Suncoat Nail Polish Reviews

Review of Suncoat Nail Polish.
By Sue B.


Packaging: Suncoat Nail Polish comes in an 8ml clear glass bottle, so that you can see the colour, with a gold coloured lid to which the brush is attached. The writing on the bottle is very small but being black with a clear font it’s legible.
Application: Suncoat water-based nail polish has a rather thin consistency, advising two or three coats. The brush is good, enabling just three strokes to cover the nail in colour. There is virtually no odour.
Ingredients: Being water based there is a huge 70% water content with natural minerals used for the colours. No toluene, formaldehyde, alcohol, phthalate, acetone or acetate.


Results: Suncoat cosmetics is a Canadian company that I’d not heard of before so I was very interested to find out more about their water-based nail polish.
I applied two coats to my toes and this was adequate, however, my fingernails required three coats to get a good colour. I was surprised by the lack of odour. I found the drying time to be quite quick, which is good for me as I’m not very patient and tend to spoil my polish before it’s properly dried.

I put Suncoat Nail Polish on my toes has lasted well over a week, probably because its winter and my feet are snug in socks and shoes. The polish on my fingers didn’t last more than a day or so. Perhaps if I’d used the recommended Suncoat top coat it would’ve prevented the tip wear. I do have a “tough on the hands” lifestyle rather than an office job which may have made a difference. When it came to removing the polish with my usual acetone remover, I found that I had to rub it for a while, so I’d suggest getting the Suncoat remover.
The polish was called Almond nude so I expected the colour to be as I saw on the bottle – a pearlised nude colour, but on application it was more of a pearlised gold.

Pros:
Not only toluene and formaldehyde free, but also phthalate-free, alcohol-free and acetone/acetate-free!
Suncoat cosmetics are against animal cruelty.
Free from the drying effects of toxic chemicals.
No strong chemical smells.
Lasts for 24 months after opening.

Cons:
When used on the fingers I found that the polish wore off quite quickly.
Not easy to remove with acetone based remover.
The colour wasn’t as expected.
The brush came away from the lid on one occasion when I opened the bottle.


Suncoat Nail Polish (£12.95) and Suncoat Cosmetics are available at naturisimo.com