Tuesday 18 January 2011

Inika Liquid Foundation Reviews

Review of Inika Liquid Foundation
By Sally Sisson

Packaging: Inika Liquid Foundation comes in a plastic tube with pump. You have to squeeze the product up to the pump and then press the pump to dispense. It is a very hygienic method of application and just the right amount is dispensed.

Application: Inika foundation is quite thick and has a mild clay like smell to it. There appears to be no real fragrance to the product. The foundation gives medium coverage and blended very well into my skin leaving it looking like my own skin, just a little more even and luminous. I used my finger tips to apply the foundation but imagine it would go on even better with a brush. As a rule I do not like mineral foundations they are too heavy for me, but this was lovely.

Ingredients: Inika Products are describe their as glamorous, 100 per cent natural Australian cosmetics brand. The list of ingredients is lengthy, however they appear to be a nourishing blend of aloe vera, coconut oil, pomegranate oil, shea butter, cocoa butter etc with the mineral powders added for coverage and colour.
Results: I had the cream 01 shade and it is very fair, maybe a touch too light for me, however the shade was so well balanced that it did not leave me looking ashen. The coverage was soft and realistic, my skin felt very comfortable with the Inika Foundation on and it did not clog my skin.


Pros:
The packaging ensures no air gets into the remaining product, keeping it fresher longer.
Coverage was good but not too heavy or chalky.
My skin felt comfortable all day and it stayed in place all day.

Cons:
The shade was a little too light and they only offer 4 shades to chose from.

Inika Liquid Foundation (£22.00) and Inika Makeup Products are available at naturisimo.com