Wednesday 18 August 2010

Logona Pressed Powder Reviews

Review of Logona Pressed Powder
By Beverley S.

The
Logona Pressed Powder is presented in a slim plastic compact with an integrated mirror across the top lid. My review powder didn’t have the compact and was contained on a very slim tray which I kept covered without any problems of drying out or becoming messy in the zip-lock bag.

Logona cosmetics are certified by the BDIH as a natural cosmetic without any Nano refined ingredients. BDIH certified also means mineral oils, synthetic preservatives, fragrances or colours, petroleum based oils or GM & irridiated ingredients & SLS are excluded completely which is a reassuring exclusion list & covers all of Logona’s range.
As this isn’t a mineral powder Talc is the top listed ingredient but with the reassurance that it is ‘certified free of asbestos and is not highly refined, so will not become airborne’

I have tried a few compact powders which have a colour choice & have always found these to be too ‘coloured’ for me & mostly left my skin feeling caky and itchy. I was cautious at first as my preference is to use a mineral translucent one, if any at all as I have dry skin.
I used the Logona Pressed Powder 01 - Light Beige for Fair skin normally I wouldn’t have chosen a colour thinking it would have left an un-natural tone on my skin. I was pleasantly surprised as Logona pressed powder was totally different and even on my very pale skin it wasn’t pronounced yet it gave a ‘finished, sharper look’ to my skin. I don’t like to look made up therefore was very pleased when I could use Logona’s powder to achieve a defined flawless appearance which didn’t dry my skin in any way.

Logona pressed powder is enriched with organic aloe & jojoba which all help to nourish the skin rather than leaving the horrible dry/caky feeling a lot of powders can leave which is why I don’t use them!

The instructions with the powder suggest various uses all of which I tested.
It can be applied with a compact sponge or a brush I tried both methods preferring a large brush for the lightest finish although a sponge would give slightly more coverage and is easy to keep in a bag if you need touch ups during the day.

1. After using my moisturiser I waited for it to dry then finished my look with a brush of the pressed powder. A lovely natural finish which didn’t feel like my skin was completely naked.
2. I normally wear a mineral powder foundation with or without a mineral finishing powder. I used Logona’s powder instead & was very pleased with the flawless finish without adding additional colour to my skin or making my skin appear dull.
3. On occasions I would use a cream foundation & Logona’s pressed powder worked perfectly with this too. I had stopped using a powder as I felt it took away from the illuminated properties of the foundation. I was very pleased with the defined finish Logona’s powder gave my skin.

I would purchase this Logona Pressed Powder despite having reservations that it had specific colours. I only had to use the powder once a day. Oily skin types may have to touch up but it is portable and very easy to use even if there wasn’t a mirror.

Pros No caking, itchy feeling. I loved the fact Logona Pressed Powder didn’t feel my skin had changed colour 01 suited me perfectly. Easy to remove with a gentle cleanser (my muslin cloth proved it had stayed on my skin and didn’t disappear throughout the day) My blusher stayed on too which was a bonus!
• I love a refined/defined but natural look & found this powder to be perfect for me (I am very pale and find most powders too dark)
• Three shades to choose from 01 - Light Beige (fair) 02 - Medium Beige - (medium) 03 - Sunny Gold (Bronzer)

Cons Although I loved the finish anyone looking for full coverage powder may not find this strong enough although there are two other shades to choose from & can be layered until the precise cover is achieved.

Logona Pressed Powder (£16.00) and other Logona products are available at naturisimo.com