Wednesday 6 January 2010

A'kin Rose Creamy Cleanser Reviews

Review of A’kin Rose & Geranium Cleanser & Toner
By Caroline S

Packaging: The packaging for this A’kin Rose Creamy Cleanser, as with all A'kin products, is beautiful, simple and earthy-looking. The cleanser comes in an ivory/cream plastic bottle which is delightfully soft and easy to squeeze - so no problems getting the product out. A’kin Rose & Geranium Cleanser and toner is also cleverly designed to stand upside-down on its lid, so that the product is always available near the hole and there is no need for frantic shaking to get at the last drops of your cleanser!

Application: The instructions on this A’kin Rose and Geranium Cleanser say: "Massage a small amount onto your face. Rinse or tissue off".
I personally always like to rinse my face with water after cleansing, whether using a cream cleanser or a facial wash - however, for this review I tried both ways suggested by A'kin for the A’kin Rose Creamy Cleanser.
The A’kin cleanser & Toner is very thick and deliciously creamy, it massages into the skin like a dream and really does dissolve make-up and oil on your skin. It works better than you would expect on waterproof eyeliner and mascara and completely removes foundation etc. So I give A’kin Rose Creamy Cleanser full marks for cleansing properties.
As for the toning aspect - I'm still unsure. If what you require from a toner is a gentle firming and tightening of the skin, then this product will certainly fulfil your needs. However, if like me, you prefer a toner to refresh and clarify - giving the same sensation as splashing your face with water - then A’kin Rose and Geranium Cleanser and toner does not do the trick, I'm afraid.
It really is incredibly creamy and moisturising - I have tried wiping it off with a muslin cloth and also a wet flannel and A’kin Rose Creamy Cleanser always leaves my skin plump, firm, soft and moisturised with a gentle glow. However, for me, I still feel the need to rinse my face in water afterwards as I like to apply moisturiser to a completely dry skin with no trace of residue.
I must emphasise that this is my own personal choice - if you currently use a wipe-off cleanser alone, A'kin Rose & Geranium cleanser and toner in one will suit your needs perfectly.

If you prefer to avoid wiping the face completely, A’kin Rose Creamy Cleanser is also suitable for use as a face wash of sorts. Massage into the skin as normal and then wash your face with water, letting the cleanser dissolve and rinse of your face. This works just as well as wiping off, if perhaps not quite as quickly.

Ingredients: Avocado oil, jojoba oil, macadamia oil, olive squalene, panama bark, pro-vitamin B5/panthenol, shea butter, rose flower oil, geranium oil, witchhazel, sandalwood oil.

The amount of moisturising and hydrating ingredients in this A’kin cleanser is outstanding. The witchhazel helps to tone the skin, whilst the floral oils work to balance and moisturise. You can smell the floral extracts and the shea butter upon application of A’kin Rose Creamy Cleanser but it is quite a suble scent and not at all sickly or overpowering.

A'kin products are certified by the Australian Vegan society, they are also halal certified, animal cruelty free and organic wherever possible.

Results: I must admit that I have been a fan of A'kin for a couple of years now and I have used both this and the Sandalwood and Neroli Cleansing Gel, depending on my skin needs at the time.
I can honestly recommend this A’kin Rose Geranium Cleanser and I think it is amazing value for money as one bottle lasts a long time - you really do not need to use much at all for thorough cleansing action.
A’kin Rose Creamy Cleanser certainly helps to moisturise and plump the skin - even if you rinse afterwards.
My skin is sensitive and dry in patches but A'kin Rose & Geranium cleanser is very soothing and it makes removing make-up far less of a chore for me as I don't need to rub at my face and irritate any sore areas.

A’kin Rose creamy cleanser is one of the best cleansers I have tried and I keep coming back to it - however, it IS aimed at normal, dry and sensitive skins and I can understand why A’kin Rose Creamy Cleanser may be far too rich for oily skins. Luckily, if you do suffer from oily conditions, there is A'kin Pure Facial Cleansing Gel which I can also thoroughly recommend and leaves skin squeaky clean and tightened.

Pros: leaves skin super-soft and glowing
Firms, plumps and moisturises
Removes make-up and daily grime extremely well
A little goes a long way so it is fantastic value for money
Superb ingredients
Brilliant, convenient design of bottle for less waste
Soothing on sensitive/dry areas

Cons: Not recommended for oily skin
May feel too thick and "sticky" for some people who prefer a light cleanser

A’kin Rose & Geranium Cleanser & Toner (£13.27) and other A’kin products are available at naturisimo.com